Saturday, November 22, 2008

Understanding Tech Issues with Reliable Vision of Innovation

Continued...
The first thing I wanted to check out when I got hold of the phone was its performance. I've tried a couple of Windows Mobile 6.1-powered phones and most of them, if not all, are a bit slow. Certain delays are very noticeable, like going from one application to another. Shifting from portrait to landscape mode also suffers lag, something I didn't see with the Android-powered HTC Dream.

The speed of the Android is faster than any other Windows Mobile 6.1 I have tried, but it still has yet to be faster the Apple's iPhone. How the phone reacts to my commands using its touchscreen interface was impressive. I didn't notice any delays when I started drawing a pattern to unlock the phone.

The phone comes with Gmail, Google Talk, Google Calendar, Google Maps, Google Search, YouTube and Android Market, making it a phone made for the Web, so to speak. Android Market is Google's answer to Apple's App Store and Microsoft's SkyMarket. I tried Market and I was given around 50 or more applications, ready for downloading free of charge.

Will give you more updates as I try out the phone some more. God bless us all!End.


No comments: